Sunday 18 March 2012

The Poetic Me:Poem 1

Abeted Soul!

Abeted now, my passion!
long gone with the stormy wind
how could that monster abduct my patience?
I no longer know the seed of my limp.

"You need a drug", I told myself
"... that sparks rainbows in your morbidity"
"Go and find and get it yourself!"
My sick soul talking back to me.

I go and go and find and get
a godly cure for this inner limp
I go and find and get a mat
I weep, I cry, I talk to HIM .

Abeted soul now regains control
to HIM I walk, I talk, I hold
that ghost in me now losing goal
screaming!howling!cursing foul.

I thanketh HIM for the long strong grip
my senses returned, my foe beaten
to HIM I promise to hold, to commit
till on stone I have my name written 
till dirt and earth cover my sleep
till dirt and earth bury me deep

No comments: