Friday 30 November 2012

be my MUSE...anyone???


 
(many thanks to indulge-sound.com)

On one of the heavenly days, after I’ve finished doing the chores, sitting before my pc..am re-watching this: MUSE Live in Wembley. It is kinda old, out-dated for they have been staging here and there since, but to me, it is never too late for a good music. Here are the amazing things I’ve caught while watching..


i) CORDLESS guitars – it is amazing to see how energetic, careless and free Matt’s movement is on stage -  thanks to the cordless strings! I cannot imagine the stage with tangled wires and cords. This fast-running vocal could have been all tied up, limited to certain ranges the way a fierce collared pit-bull tied to a doggy house. Errghh…could you imagine how insane that would be? unlike the rockers of the olden days who often went wild and crazy on stage, this cool dude is totally SANE, he hasn't gone out of his mind..haha. Matt is energetic..he is energy itself..that's what he really is! impressive, really...

ii) CUSTOM-MADE electric strings – these special guitars seem to be entirely owned by Matt. The glittering Silver/Black and Hot Red have this one special pad near the head of the strings that can do a kinda“disc-screeching” job, this time, Matt himself being the handy jockey. Fingers don't do the screeching. A single chip in Matt’s right hand will do J isn’t that just great? (i wonder what is that pad called...)

iii) THE CROWDS – they are well-disciplined and  c.r.a.z.y at the same time. I don’t see uncontrollably wild moshing, just jumping and waving their bodies to the rhythms.  I don’t see the circling crowds I saw in 30 Seconds to Mars’ clip, but just like Letto’s band, I believe, one knows that to the crowds, Muse is indeed another type of cult.. a Brit music cult..hehe.

iv) SHORT-HAIRED, LIL CLEAN-SHAVED, SUPER BRIGHT-STYLISH-SUITED rockers – Hello! Hot Red suits? Sparkling green pants? Short, neat hairdo? Clean-shaved/ short-tumbled jaws? There gone the days when rockers only donned blacks or whites or grey, tattered jeans, leather skinnies with long messy hair..you know what..these modern alt rockers look sexily great in bright colors : =)
  
v)  LITTLE gimmick – I personally believe, the lesser the gimmick staged, the more fun, the greater, the more satisfying a live performance is. This band with its skinny, un-handsome lead vocalist (sorry Matt..no hard feelings, yaa..) really knows their strengths: superb vocal, brilliant songs, great strings works etc. Why need gimmicks when this dude could easily reach that high notes while galloping east and west, south and north, strumming hard the sparkling guitars, rite?

vi) HIGHLY-BRILLIANT, DEEP lines – where else could you find great lines if not from the Brit artists (Coldplay and Keane's too are in my mind..)? Need some quotes from Muse? How about these:

My life, you electrify my life. Let’s conspire to re-ignite/
Our hopes and expectations, black holes and revelation/
My plug’ in baby, crucify my enemies/
You and I must fight for our rights, You and I must fight to survive


Duh…deep and brilliant, aren't they???

I listen to so many genres of music and sounds, having this habit of adjusting my ears from a certain amount of loudness ---> to soothing my drums & heart with the melancholy of a song ---->  to moving a bit of my head to musical coolness -----> to sitting still in my attempts to dig the meaning deep..yeah..the meaning, I dig deep ;)

I never call myself a big fan of any artist for I never wanna spend lots of money buying CDs, I never want to spend lots of time downloading their pieces though at times, I feel the urge to go to great concerts performed live (The only live concert I had ever gone was Raihan’s @ Bukit Jalil. Yes, that nasyidian Raihan..hey..stop grinning like that! not that smiles..nope..Would you “stop” please…)

MUSE? By chance of course! Introduced by my brothers, I’ve started savoring on their eccentricity, mystique, depth, peculiarity & musical sparks and unique identities – all intelligently owned by these Brits since my early 20’s. Hey! Try listening to Matt’s falsetto, the guitar works, the pianoforte, the lines...you can never mistake him/ Muse for someone else..really..I am not a big fan but my easy going attitude on music can make me see, hear and feel their differences perhaps, the way I see and hear Coldplay, Keane and Adele's - all brilliant musicians, aren’t they?.


p/s: for all this, I thank my strangely friendly ears for allowing my drums to experiment with different types of sound (my drums are as friendly as my tummy..really..haha) ..with few exceptions of course! my drums have made that NO face to the overly tangkap leleh, rebah mendayu, keluh-kesah ala eddie hamid's songs, kay..(terribly sorry mr composers..I'm just not "into" these kinda works...ampunkan AKU...) 



-again..enjoy the great arts and intelligent music...intelligence = you DECIDE- 
:)    ;)    :=)

5 comments:

A said...

fuiyo jarang2 generasi atas minat muse ni. gila ah. haha.

minat muse since form 2 lps dgr unintended. sblm tu benci muse ni. haha. terus minat gila. konsert dia masa form 4 nk pergi. tp tgk2 organiser tiger beer then tulis 'muslim not allowed'. kecewa gila. masa hari konsert tu tgk2 yg beratur semua melayu.

lagu dia mmg bnyk gila gila best. yg plg best dia compose sendiri. konsert dia pun mmg sentiasa terbaek. wartawan malaysia pn ckp tu konsert terbaik pernah dia pergi. gila jeles.

diorang tak silap dr umur 12 dah ada band buat show. gitar matt tu mmg ekslusif. mahal gila.

btw, baru je tgk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlGJdKxvLSU&feature=related selasa lepas. tgk2 ada entri ni. sgt kebetulan.

norziediana said...

haha..telinga tak pandai "berpolitik" & kesan dr sekeliling: adik-beradik semuanya lelaki!

really enjoy good works of anyone,geography,language,genre, generation..am not too old for MUSE, am i :p

"plug in baby" lagu pilihan.esentrik sgt tinggi..bgs sgt tak pi konsert tajaan pihak2 mcm tuh.dapat CD/ youtube dah kira ok.medium musik kita sendri pilih.gig @ UK n US hmpir tiap minggu/sela hari..jom ahh rombongan pi US tgk muse..nak???hahaha..

dlm 2/3 thn lps jd judge bahasa battle of the bands.bagi komen mcadangkan "plug in baby" dimainkan..audience yg ciput (ssb dah larut mlm)sgt2 tkejut..haiyo..don't judge the language judge by her baju kurung, laa..pls!

btw:ada guna euphemism dlm baris pertama..alhamdulillah..ilmu dimanfaatkan..haha!

A said...

euphemism pun sy dah tak igt apa dah. belajar utk exam. rombongan? ada sponsor petronas ke? keh2. dgr la lagu baru explorers, animals, supremacy, unsustainable. genius

Nur said...

hamboii,

banyaknyer senyum...hahahha...

I dont really like this kind of music (forgive me, younger generation). It hurts my ears, and consequently my heart, I do not know why.

I read somewhere that ears , or hearing, are such an important mechanism in curing any diseases. Or let me put this in another way around, voice, can cure. Magically, human's voice is the one instrument that can cure diseases.

SubhanAllah!

That's why reading quran loudly, is proven to cure any diseases. And just imagine what music can do to your heart.

:)

norziediana said...

@Abdullah Arif

euphemism --> replacing a negative/neutral word with a more positive/pleasant one.

lagu baru?will do.Matt loves conspiracy theory + George Orwell too.this perhaps justify my inclination towards their works :)

@Nur

Betul sis..nothing can ever replace kalam Allah.nothing can cure illnesses (in & out) the way Quran does.When we listen to the beautiful qari/qariah voices..Sheikh Saad Ghamidi for example, we are in a state of calmness..indescribable..inexplicable..not really bc of the pretty voices but bc of the ayah' itself..

I don't personally see music as a cure in itself.i see it as appreciating arts surrounding us - the genius granted by Allah to HIS Creatures on earth.musical production sparks lots of creativity.that attracts me the most..haha..

apapun, Quran pun ada ritma tersendiri..try reading and reciting and pondering over Ar-Rahman, for instance..sgt menginsafkan..