Wednesday 22 May 2013

I LIKE!I LIKE! I LIKE!



(many thanks to wired.co.uk- i do have lots of ?????? with those thumb-ups, i seriously do)


The FB LIKE button has got me mesmerised. It makes things so damn simple that clicking a button is just enough to show our interest/ support etc on the LIKEd matters. What else is simpler than clicking a button, right? It does not need any typing, spelling checking, tone adjusting, words selecting... and at times, clicking this button doesn't even need a thinking as liking the post is all that matters..alahai..there sinks the brain.

To me, this very button on FB can be a good proof that humans are really suffering from the NPD - the Narcissistic Personality Disorder that has long been diminishing people's sensitivity towards other things. We post things on FB - instead of expecting honest comments on the posted matter, we hope to get LIKEs & this is the problem. When self-admiration rules FB, coupled with the LIKEs from viewers (who could be total strangers) what else do we get other than boosting egos and mountains of self-admiration?No sharing views, no exchanging ideas, no self-humility, no space for self-muhasabah, 0 self-balancing -  as all of these have been deliciously slurped by the Narcissus.

We humans, are all narcisstic-we like ourselves, and like it even more when we are liked by others too..betoi, tak??? Even I can't say NO to this. pathetic, isn't it?

BUT FBookers, please! there are times when we need more than those LIKEs laahh. When people post "Aku menci ko..kurang ajor, bangs@t" menci!/ "set@n ahh PKK, BNN, PASS" or even " Camno nak poi Soromban, Jang" etc  (these are all made-up, ok) - LIKEs are just not relevant !People really need words here - good good words, of course.

Well! well! well ! allow me to say this:


"FB LIKE Button pleases simple hearts. Of minds - it pleases not"

(I shall post this on my wall and see how many LIKEs do I get :) So narcissus me, isn't it???hahaha)



p/s: FB clingy Humans have really mesmerized me!where have they got the time to post things every minute & second???(I wonder if FB addicts are really humans. Dumb me..of course humans, they are!tapirs don't give FB a damn, laaa. not even a bit..) 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where's the LIKE button here?

norziediana said...

haha, Anon.thank god that we see none here.otherwise, blogs will be full of LIKEs instead of real words which i really don't favor.